Radar MAX: NOAA Weather radar
Welcome to Radar MAX. Fast, intuitive and visually stunning iPhone and iPad weather radar app helps you prepare for the latest conditions.
* High-resolution weather radar (NEXRAD LEVEL 3, base reflectivity)
* Future radar. Up to 60 minutes ahead are displayed in 1 km x 1 km resolution every 5 minutes
* Radar map includes areas of rain and snow
* Active alerts (severe weather warnings)
* Storm tracks, future path for the storm
* Real-Time U.S. Composite Satellite Animation
Radar MAX is a great application for iPhone and iPad that displays high-resolution predictive weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Radar MAX proprietary radar mosaics provide radar imagery at the highest resolution on different zoom levels.
Radar MAX gives you up-to-date animated radar imagery from the National Weather Service, with coverage for all 50 US states (and Puerto Rico and Guam!).
Radar MAX is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry.
The radars cannot determine precipitation type (such as rain or snow). Radar MAX uses special algorithms to delineate between rain and snow.
Radar MAX shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
A weather radar is used to locate precipitation, calculate its motion, estimate its type (rain, snow, hail, etc.), and forecast its future position and intensity. Radar MAX shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on zoomable maps around your location in real time.
Precipitation type is indicated by the color. Green color indicates lesser precipitation while the yellow color code indicates intense precipitations. The color code red is indicative of the most intense precipitations. Blue color indicates snow.
* Full, animated radar from the NWS for the entire U.S.
* You may all of your locations to the map
* Current weather conditions and ten-day forecast for added locations
* play, pause animations at any zoom level
* fast forward and rewind using manual scrollbar
* zoom in and out, drag and scroll
* displays current position on the map
* multiple map styles - terrain, satellite or standard
* supports landscape mode on iPhone and iPad
* saves and restores your last position
* manual refresh option